In this internet age, before clients do business with you, they go online to find who you are, what your business is and why you might care about doing your best for them.
When researching online, your “About us” webpage is often one of the first places people visit. Have you looked at your “About us” page lately? Is it a neglected few, sad sentences riddled with typos? Is the only graphic a tiny Google map? Or is your “About us” page functioning at its max potential for attracting clients and increasing your income?
If optimized well for the internet, the “About us” page can help search engines find you as well as communicate to prospective clients about why you care and how you can be easily reached.
How to get more business through SEO friendly “About us” webpages
- Start with the why, who, what, when and where of your company.
- Make sure your contact information includes the state/province. It helps search engines identify you as a local business.
- Include years in business.
- Tell your story concisely.
- Skip the industry jargon.
- Show photos of your office and staff.
- Prompt visitors to take action by providing a link so they can contact you.
- Proofread it. Typos can damage your credibility.
- Design matters in building your credibility as well. Every single page of your webpage should follow good design practices.
You have precious few seconds to attract someone’s attention online before they click away and go visit your competitor’s website. Don’t waste an opportunity by not having each webpage work for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Source: The MDRT Blog – webpage pushing clients away
All information and content provided in this blog is for general and informational purposes only. The views and opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. This is not original content produced by Customplan Financial Advisors Inc.